Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Note on Originality

Hey! You remember that one time? That I thought I was being really original?



Yeah....me too....

You see, I have this super urge to make our wedding different; that our wedding should be a super-special-snowflake. I want something about it to really stick out or just be totally unique! But, it seems like every time I turn around--there are 30 other brides thinking the same thing and it just throws my snowflake of a wedding into flaming furnace!

It totally happened this way with the colored shoes. I thought "Oh, how different! Blue shoes for my something blue! I love shoes, it will be so fun and original!" And now colored shoes are practically the standard! Sigh, it can just really get a girl down.

In all honesty, I have no reason to complain. I roam around sites like weddingbee.com and theknot.com snooping for new ideas others have found. I guess I have to accept the fact that a 100% original idea is a little irrational. The best I can do is throw a slammin' party for my friends and family! (Yes, I know. I said "slammin'"....please don't judge) I know that there are probably plenty of people outside of the wedding blogoshpere attending my wedding that have never seen a color-shoed bride or a cameo cake topper! Right? Originality can be pretty relative, I guess....and hey, I did come up with the cameo thing all my own! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment