Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Very Merry Un-Honeymoon!


So, as many of you know (and many who don't) David is in the Air Force. He is stationed in California. This means every time he comes to Texas, he has to take leave. He'll take one week this December for Christmas where I will get to see him again (yay!) and another two weeks for the wedding: one week before the big day, one week after. Now, post-wedding, I have to move my car and all my other things up to California. The original plan was to honeymoon, and then fly back separately. David wouldn't be able to take off more leave to drive back with me.

It really made me kinda sad to think we had to start off our marriage in the same ol' long distance-esqe manner--even for just a few days. So, I ran my idea by him for a "un-honeymoon." He would use his leave to roadtrip back with me and we can have a real honeymoon when he gets out. He said yes! He thought it was a great idea. =) He also suggested we shack up a few days in his grandparents vacation house in Ruidoso along the way!

To be honest, the whole idea sounds so perfect, I don't really care if we ever do get to a beach! After 3 years long distance, anywhere he is is the perfect place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment