Sunday, October 10, 2010

Spoiler Alert!

Well guys, last night I got bit by the wedding bug. I was up late reworking budgets and considering things like letterpress invitations and a "kid's corner" complete with coloring books and a TV set. I was ready to hit the ground running on this here blog when I opened up facebook and saw it.

Me. In my dress.

I untagged myself as fast as I could and I posted on my friends wall to take them down.

Now, he posted them late last night, but the problem is, David works nights and he has today off. I reached him on Skype ASAP, but it was too late. He had been tagged in the same album and, naturally, he found the pictures of me. Now, I don't blame my friend you posted them, he probably didn't even think about the tradition or anything and I certainly don't blame my fiancé, what he was doing was harmless! But, the truth still holds: I'm devastated! I know, it may seem silly, but honestly, I was having a hard time coming to terms with the "first look!" I'm not gonna lie. I cried. Right here in a computer lab full of Jordanian college students. (I mean, not a big cry, but one of those little sniffley, quiet "tearing up" cries)

I have to add that I'm really not traditional. It's not that I think that it will be bad luck or something, I just like the idea of him seeing me as a "bride" on that one special day. I emailed my mother, which was much like this post: not in particular request or solution, just letting it all out. I keep reminding myself that it's not that important and I can't let it get to me! Nevertheless, it definitely deflated my wedding balloon for today....


No comments:

Post a Comment