Monday, August 23, 2010

Well, here goes!

So, it may seem I am starting this blog late in the game. I've already found my venue, my dress, my bridesmaids dresses, pianist, and am meeting about my cake this week! However, I have actually only been engaged a month as of tomorrow!

The reason I'm barreling headfirst into wedding planning is because I'm getting married next June and in about three weeks I am leaving the country to study abroad a semester! I leave for Amman, Jordan on September the 12th and I won't be back until Christmas! Also, once I get back, I have to finish my last semester of college (CANNOT WAIT) in a city six hours away from where me and my fiancé are tying the knot! Whew!

So, long story short, I'm trying to get as much done while I'm here in Lubbock for the summer as I can. However, I skipped a lot of fun things to talk about in there, so for now, we are going to backtrack to my very first choice in my wedding planning: the groom.


David and I met in high school when I moved from Plainview to Lubbock. We quickly became friends which we soon realized just wasn't going to cut it anymore. We started dating right before our junior year and have stayed together ever since!

The sad thing is that "long distance bride" doesn't just apply to the wedding planning. David joined the Air Force after high school and I went to school in San Antonio. He was stationed in California and for the past 3 years we've been far apart. Last December, he went to Afghanistan for six months and upon his return....


I think he put it best when he told me "I'm tired of being apart."

So, here we are! I'm so excited to be marrying David! And I can't wait to fill y'all all in on the planning I've been doing! But, before I go, you have to see the ring, right? =)




No comments:

Post a Comment