Thursday, August 26, 2010

Today I met with Shana Bailey, owner of Pink Cookie Box out in Shallowater, Texas. She's going to making my wedding cake, and I know it's a bit far in advance, but I needed a budget outline at the least. So, I had to convey what kind of cake I wanted. I did some poking around her website and also other cake pics and had in my head what I wanted. So, to convey that, I drew it!












Now, I know what you're thinking "Erin! Where did you get that high quality image?" I drew it free hand and took a picture of it on my phone. ...the more I stare the more structurally unsound it looks....






Anyway, I just needed to convey some key designs and elements I wanted, and it did that just fine. However, I will later design a fourth tier! Yaaaay!! Did I mention I LOVE cakes. I've been dreaming of my wedding cake for years.






Here are my main points:


Hexagonal or octagonal

Blue =) non-fondant topping

Fun white piping

Monogram on the side

Observe my inspiration!






Shana assured me all these things were easy peasy! She even suggested some designs from her CAKE CRICUT. Yeah, you heard me right. A cake cricut. I had no idea those existed! She also had me taste her white chocolate ganache topping which she can color and use as a topping! It's to die for!






I am going to have a different flavor on every tier. Now, I don't plan on keeping the top tier to eat in a year....I know lots of people do, but 1) It's always skeeved me out, honestly, and 2) I don't have a way of getting from Lubbock to California without a ton of hastle. So, all flavors are open to all! They are...... *drumrollllllll*






Chocolate with a Hazelnut Filling

Lemon with Rasberry Filling

Strawberry with White Chocolate Ganache Filling

and...


French Vanilla with a Passionfruit Filling!


I decided to incorporate the passionfruit after trying my first spoonful of passionfruit syrup in Hawaii this summer and realizing it was nectar from the gods.





So, my mission is to find her passionfruit jam for her to make the filling from. I mean, fresh passionfruit would be nice, but rather unavalible in Texas...Nonetheless! I am hoping it will be a knockout!
Also, if you note the cake topper. I mean, in case you're crazy and can't tell from my beautiful work, the cake topper is actually two round picture frames. In them I will frame cameo sillouettes. I'm not sure whether I'll do actual ones of us, or just some other stock image, but I hope for it to be very cute, and original! Ummm, think this! But...smaller and cuter, hahaha!



1 comment:

  1. Why hello there!

    I stumbled across your blog from Weddingbee....where I made a post calling for all June 2011-ers to share their blogs! I'm excited to have found yours, and I am "officially" your first follower! YAY!

    I like how you are having a "collective" wedding party...if I had a best guy friend or a brother I was really close to, I would totally do that!

    Happy Blogging!

    xoxo,
    Miss Puppy Love
    (http://classicpuppylove.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete