Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Recap: The Accessories!

Before we move onto to bigger things, I wanted to give a quick shout out to my old, new, borrowed, and blue! (and the other little accessories!)

First up, the blue. Yes, I know. I've mentioned them in like, three other posts or something, BUT I just love my blue shoes! Frilly and custom-made, they just make me so giddy! Remember: OxfordHeaven on Etsy!

Now for the something old. This necklace was my grandmother's. She and my grandfather passed away within a few months of each other last year. This was a gift from him to her.


I also had her brooch on my bouquet.

My headpiece was a pearl and rhinestone combo that we got from San Moon (Texas peeps know it!). It's like an accessory warehouse. It beat the heck out of the price for one at one of the boutiques!


Another BIG bargain I got was my veil blusher combo which I got secondhand (def a great way to go for this one. Veils are PRICEY!)


Side-note: this is one of my FAVORITE pics.

Another thing about my veil. I had this weird, weird notion that David shouldn't see me in my veil until the ceremony. I think it was a way to kind of justify my decision to do the first look. David wouldn't get the "full effect" until I was walking down the aisle! That was....cool, I guess... But now, I hardly have any pictures of me in this veil! It's probably my main regret of the day. 

Aaaanywho

My "Something Borrowed" was part of the reception, so we'll get to that when we get to it! ^_^ Next up: Group Shots!

1 comment:

  1. The bottom of your dress is gorgeous. At least you got one GREAT picture of you in your veil!

    ReplyDelete