Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A THOUSAND PLUS ONES WILL DESCEND UPON YOU


AND THEIR RSVP'S WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN!!


My answer? Then we will party in the shade! That's right. Unlike most brides who (rightfully) shun the dreaded "plus one," I am fully embracing it. I mean, once I put the guest list together, the final number was...daunting, to say the least. But, in all honesty, I'm seriously doubting I get more than 10 plus one's out of the 65 or so I'm including. Why? I've invited plenty of people they know and want to hang out with! There are only a few I can guarantee they'll use their plus one. Also, I can't help it--the more the merrier in my book! Yep...in my naive, slightly deranged book...

So, what's my no-holds, pres-cutting of any kind number? Aha, ok, get ready....495. Ok, ok, I know it's a big number. But after you get over the initial shock...about 50 are younger kids (or babies). Those kids don't eat much, and also drive their parents to not attend the reception or duck out early. Also, a good portion are distant family members that are mainly getting an invitation as more of an announcement. Add in the elderly, sweet couples from our church that have to get home before dark, and we're talking a reasonable number. However, I purposely made an inflated list (I did the same thing with my budget) so that I wouldn't have any surprises. So, bring it on!



Also, if you didn't get my 300 reference, go rent it. Now. And do yourself a favor: prepare for glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment