Saturday, December 25, 2010

I'm Not Dead!

Hey guys! Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth there for a while! I was slammed with exams and travel and the ever daunting task of moving back to the US. The good news is: I'M BACK! I got back to my hometown in Texas yesterday afternoon! YAYAY!!

My original plan was to arrive at the airport looking beautiful for my fiance whom I haven't seen in four months. HOWEVER, after missing my flight to Atlanta, being sent to New York, having all of my luggage (including carry-ons!) being held hostage in Tel Aviv, I arrived looking more like train wreck. My curly hair had become a mess, I had cried off all my make up in Tel Aviv and I had been sick and traveling for over 30 hours! Haha, yes, I don't know that I was a sight for sore eyes. Never the less, my family and fiance welcomed me into their arms. It was so wonderful to see them all again--even though I have to keep my distance so not to infect them, haha.


My study abroad experience was spectacular and eye-opening. I made a lot of really good friends (some of whom I hope will attend my wedding!) and I really improved on my Arabic! Yes, Jordan was fantastic, and honestly, I had a pretty rough go of it having to say goodbye. (That's probably why I kept crying at Tel Aviv. That security man had no idea what to do with this bawling passenger so concerned about her duty free cookies.) But, honestly, getting in on Christmas Eve, seeing David, laughing and sharing stories with my family; there really is no place like home for the holidays.

1 comment: